The line of research in Chemical Technology comprises of research activities for the development of chemical processes and research with the potential technological application. At present, chemical processes are theoretically studied by modelling and simulation using computational fluid dynamics techniques in equipment evaluation, such as the thermopile, and phenomena such as the gas dispersion. In this line of research, the work is developed related to the synthesis and characterisation of powders and propellants and theoretical study of physicochemical properties.
Students need to understand that the line of research in chemical sciences is the fundamental objective of the preparation and characterisation of new materials for application as catalysts in various chemical processes. The main types of catalysts studied are acid-base catalysts, metal catalysts or supported catalysts oxides and mass flow.
The candidate for the title of Doctor of Science in Chemistry, in addition to meeting the requirements of CPPG contained in NICPG / EMI, and having completed the general and specific required courses described above, must meet the following criteria:
- Having the title of Master of Science in Chemistry or related sciences, recognized as provided for in the legislation itself. The direct passage to the doctorate, ie the waiver of the titration can be given by the collegiate teachers.
- Opt for a course concentration area, prepare, submit, and have approved fulfill their research proposal, under the supervision of their teacher-advisor.
- Conduct a minimum of three theoretical courses: an advanced level in their main field and two side fields;
- Be approved in qualifying examination during the course, on a date set by the collegial teachers until the start date of the thesis work;
- Get a minimum of 36 credits, which can be considered up to twelve Master’s course credits, have up to six credits corresponding to the courses taken inside fields, IME, or Programs PG similar to collegiate criterion teachers.
- Carry out relevant work presentation Seminars, Special Topics (maximum 12 credits), participation in scientific meetings and other educational and academic activities considered necessary to form the college of teachers.
The diversity of the main research lines related to chemical sciences has provided the expansion of the frontiers of chemistry developed in the laboratories. In fact, the collaboration between the permanent groups and the association with other national and international groups makes interdisciplinary a striking feature in the research and the work guided by program faculty.
- Develop studies and research aimed at the preparation and public defense of a thesis that represents original work, bringing a real contribution to the field of knowledge chosen. The results of the thesis, partial or final, should be embodied in articles published in journals with impact factors at the international level.
- The studies and research to prepare a Doctoral Thesis must be carried out in principle in the EMI; which may be supplemented by other renowned institutions in the student’s area of operation. In any case, the studies and research in other institutions can only be made after approval by the teachers.
Remember that getting your PhD degree won’t be a morning walk at all, so you have to be dedicated and persistent with your PhD studies. It is an extremely bumpy ride, so fasten your seat belts tightly when you start off your PhD studies. During your PhD course, you will be assigned to write PhD essays quite frequently. In this regard, you may need to hire the services of essay writer for PhD, so that you can ensure the completion of your essay writing tasks on time. Whenever you require, you can hire the expert PhD essay writers at EnglishEssays.